Wednesday, July 4, 2012

5 months old

Oh my goodness how time flies! It is simply inconceivable to me that five whole months have already gone by. I truly do not know what life was like before Emily, it seems as if she has always been a part of us.

She is SUCH a happy baby. She wakes up every morning at eight and as soon as I walk in she has a huge grin waiting for me. She is so patient too. As long as I go in and say good morning she will wait for me in her crib until I can get her up and going. I usually nurse her as soon as she wakes up and then she is content while we eat breakfast. She is working on eating some foods as well, so far we have mastered rice cereal, oatmeal, apples, and peas. She is not in love with anything yet, but tolerates food from a spoon well. She has also started to drink little bits of water from a sippy cup.


She is still waking up at least once a night. She has teased me twice now by sleeping through the night without a feeding, but I am trying to remember that this is the last time I will have a little baby to take care of at night. She is so sweet when I get up with her and it is truly one of the few times that it is just us and I can snuggle her. She always goes right back to sleep too. We'll see if I can keep the positive attitude if she is still waking up when I go back to work, but for right now I'm ok with it.


Emily is still napping three times a day. I think she will be ready to drop that last nap right around the time we go back to school, but for now it coordinates with Charlotte's nap so we are holding onto it for dear life! It is one hour during the day when we can read, or watch a tv show that's not animated, or take a nap ourselves!



Between eating and napping, Emily is starting to play. She has a couple of toys that she plays with, and is constantly reaching for the next new thing. Once she thinks she has a toy figured out she is ready to move on to something else. She is content to be in anyone's arms (though she is turning into a momma's baby fast). As long as she can be near you or see you she is fine, which is great for spending some time with Charlotte and doing chores. Emily loves to babble and coo and her giggle is the most infectious sound. Even Charlotte laughs and giggles when Emily does!
Every single night before I close my eyes I thank God for these two precious girls. I love them both more than I ever imagined possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment