1. The Nap Nanny
This has probably saved our lives. If not our lives, then at least our sanity. Emily has reflux, so every single time I laid her down flat she would sputter and spit up. This thing keeps her at an incline so that the milk doesn't come back up, and she is so comfy cozy in it that she just snoozes. Charlotte slept in a bassinet in our room for at least six weeks.....Emily was only with us for maybe three weeks before I gave up. I could never get the bassinet inclined enough, and she slept so good in the Nap Nanny any way.
2. Summer Infant Sleek & Secure monitor:
I.Love.This.Monitor. It is awesome. We had a video monitor with Charlotte but it was nothing compared to this one! This one came with two cameras so we could still have one for Charlotte and add one in Emily's room. The picture on this thing is so clear that I could see how pink Charlotte's cheeks were when she had a fever. You can also talk two ways with this monitor (brilliant!) and it will rotate the picture to whichever room has the noise in it. Amazing!
3. The Miracle Blanket
We swaddled Charlotte forever (seriously, like six months) but this thing is a miracle blanket on steroids. I actually had to watch a youtube video to figure out how it works. But man, it works. It is a swaddle with an extra step to help you catch their arms. That is the one bummer with a regular swaddle, they always find a way to work their little arms out and wake themselves up. This thing keeps her nice and secure.
4. Homemedics Sound Machine
This is another one that we were believers in before but now it is at a whole new level. A white noise machine. With Charlotte, I downloaded a heart beat and static noise onto my ipod and she listened to it over and over again at night. The problem was, it wasn't continuous. When the end of the recording came it would pause for a minute before repeating again. I swear it caused her to come out of her sleep more often. This little sound machine has lots of different options AND it has a projector on it. I think Charlotte likes the projector on in Emily's room more than Emily does right now, but it is definitely a cool feature. It also has a timer on it so it doesn't have to run the whole time.
5. Nose Frida
Ok. I know it's weird. My friend Andrea gave this to me as a gift, and if I didn't trust her so much I might not have given it a try. But she was right. This thing is the best. Even better than the hospital aspirator, which I previously thought was the best. A lot of times Emily spits up and it comes out of her nose (the reflux I was talking about earlier, hence the need for nap nanny) and this thing can even suck all the milk out so she can breathe easy again. It really works!
Who knows what technology will be available when my girls have children of their own. I just wanted to document the latest and greatest for them to compare!

No comments:
Post a Comment