Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Nursery in progress

We started over Thanksgiving Break. Cleaning the nursery out from top to bottom, installing new furniture, and weeding through all of our newborn "stuff". With my three year old "helper" around, we weren't able to get finished so we've resumed getting the nursery together over our winter break. I had my 34 week doctor's appointment today which means I have six weeks (or less!) to get everything in order. I am convinced this baby is going to come early, not only because Charlotte did, but because of the way my body feels. My goal is to have a finished nursery by the end of our winter break!


I just couldn't bear to paint over the stripes that Bryce so lovingly painted in this room, so as a compromise we added a lavender stripe to the mix.


We bought another conversion crib so this furniture will be hers for life. I LOVE the curved detailing.


This baby is our lavender girl. With Charlotte, everything was pink and green but I am really drawn to the purple colors whenever I think of the new baby. Sweet bunny is ready and waiting!


This is all of the clothes we have from newborn to 12 months. CRAZY! Unfortunately, the seasons don't match up for a lot of it, but some of these things were only worn once. We will definitely be able to make it work.


Four loads of laundry. Washed and folded.....now I need more baby hangers!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE the new crib, it's beautiful! And I think lavender is perfect for baby #2. I totally think of my boy's & label their gear by color - I think that means we are geniuses!! And I also had the mismatch seasons issue with my boys, good news by the 3rd we synched up, although not really cause he needed preemie gear for a few weeks. . . . Good luck finishing it all in the next week!

    ReplyDelete