2012 will be a year of big changes for us. We are going from a family of three to a family of four. We are growing from one precious girl to two and I pray every night that God will give me the wisdom to teach them how important family is. There is no bond quite like sisters, and I feel so blessed that God is entrusting me to raise these two together. I know there will be difficulties along the way, but I am entering this new chapter with the open mind that God will show us the way.
Part of my new year's resolution last year was to be more "present". To pay attention to the every day moments and not take them for granted. Some of my old habits snuck in from time to time, and there were days when I was down on myself and life in general, but I can honestly say that overall I did much better about letting some of my control go, and really taking the time each day to think and observe. I used "The Book of Awakening" by Mark Nepo to help me reflect, and some of his thoughts served me well. I hope that 2012 will be a year of happy memories, a healthy family, and that we will feel the gift of love by being present in each others lives. Please pray for our family as we embark on this new year.
From Awakening: "The further I wake into this life, the more I realize that God is everywhere and the extraordinary is waiting quietly beneath the skin of all that is ordinary. Light is in both the broken bottle and the diamond, and music is in both the flowing violin and the water dripping from the drainage pipe. Yes, God is under the porch as well as on top of the mountain, and joy is in both the front row and the bleachers, if we are willing to be where we are".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment