Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Big Sister Class




We enrolled Charlotte in a "sibling preparedness" class. I took newborn and breastfeeding classes through the hospital, so I figured this would be a good way we could all prepare for the new baby. Charlotte was SO excited. She talked and talked about this thing for weeks, and when they day finally came she couldn't wait to get there. They asked us to bring a baby doll and a picture of Charlotte to the class and seeing her carry that baby into the hospital made me a little teary eyed. The last time we went through those doors it was US carrying her like that! We watched a short (thank goodness!) video that Charlotte cared nothing about and then all the kids made "birthday cards" for their new sibling. Charlotte was by far the youngest person there so just had fun putting all her stickers on the card and gluing her picture to it while the rest of the kids showed off how much they already know about babies. Things like "babies cry alot" and "babies wear diapers". Then the kids got to "practice" changing a diaper and wrapping them up in blankets. The nurse also showed them how to hold the baby and that is the one thing Charlotte sticks to. She has to hold her baby a certain way and "ONLY ON THE FLOOR MOMMY, LIKE THE NURSE SAID". We also got a tour of the hospital which was reassuring for me because she didn't freak out at all the medical stuff we saw. I'm still having some anxiety over A.) Getting to the hospital with Charlotte in tow (I really don't want to scare her, and the last ride to the hospital was PAINFUL. B.) When to let Charlotte come to the hospital. I definitely want an epidural, but I don't want to freak her out by seeing me lay paralyzed on the hospital bed. Charlotte is so excited to meet her baby sister though!








How did I get so darn lucky? This is going to be one lucky sister too!

No comments:

Post a Comment