Sunday, November 27, 2011

3 hour glucose test

I failed the one hour glucose test. Again. Bummer! I was so disappointed! After failing the one hour last time, I really went hard core this time. I went sugar free for the whole week before my glucose test. I fasted the night before and morning of my glucose test. I took off half a day of work to make sure I ate NOTHING before my glucose test. And I still failed it. Ugh. So back I went for the three hour test, which is actually FOUR long hours! You have to come in early in the morning and have your blood drawn before you've eaten. Then you drink the sugar concoction and wait one hour. They draw your blood. Wait another hour. They draw your blood. Wait another hour. They draw your blood. By that time you've been at the doctor's office for about four hours and you've had nothing to eat since 8:00 the night before. That is torture to a pregnant woman!! I won't even get into the people in the waiting room I had to listen to during my 4 hour stint. I literally left that place in a tailspin and headed straight for chick-fil-a. I was so hungry and queasy from the sugar that my hands were shaking and I felt fuzzy headed. The good news is......I do NOT have gestational diabetes (THANK GOD!!) and I was able to get the first month of maternity lesson plans done while I waited. I really am so happy that I do not have to go through the holiday season testing my sugar levels and saying no to dessert. I mean, it's bad enough I can't drink over the holidays-no chocolate too?! Whew. So, here I am at 30 weeks, diabetes free!:

No comments:

Post a Comment