Thursday, April 7, 2011

Callaway Gardens day 2


We spent the night in one of the cottages at Callaway, and it turned out to be a perfect fit for all of us. The cottages have a living room and kitchen that are centrally located and then two bedrooms each with their own bathroom off the main part. It was a really nice set up. Charlotte did not sleep so good however (even after I went to lay down with her she stayed awake until after 10:30) so Day 2 we were all moving a little more slowly. We got up, made breakfast, and headed back to the Butterfly Conservatory for one last glance.






After we said good-bye to Callaway, we headed off in search of an animal safari I read about online. A LOT of other people had the same idea I did! So many people come through this place that they have big school buses they have taken the windows off of to get you through the park.













It was kind of like yellow river game ranch in Snellville, except stuck on a hot dusty bus and the animals look a lot sadder. Charlotte was not really that impressed, and I have to admit that I felt sorry for the animals. She does keep laughing about the bull who burped in Grandpa Jack's face though, so I guess the trip was worth it!

1 comment:

  1. Next time you go rent one of the vans....it's a whole DIFFERENT experience!

    ReplyDelete