I have so many memories of going to Callaway Gardens with my family as a little girl. I can remember going with my Grandparents and seeing the different butterflies flock to my Grandpa and he used to joke "all bugs love me because I'm so sweet". I can remember being amazed at all the flowers and plants and how HUGE the conservatory seemed to me. I also remember another time taking pictures with my sister outside and we both posed like we were statues. When Charlotte got the Fancy Nancy book "Bonjour Butterfly" her obsession with butterfly gardens began. Once she said she wanted to see one to my Mom the idea was hatched for us to go see the butterflies over Spring Break. It is a very fine line with Charlotte of when to tell her about something. I have to give her enough time to digest it so she is not scared when we get there, but if I tell her too early then we hear over and over again about how much she wants to go. Every single morning for probably the past month Charlotte's two questions have been "Are we going to the butterfly garden today?!" followed by "when do I go back to swim class?!". The day of travel was finally here and Charlotte was so excited she was skipping around the house. Bryce's parents watched our dogs for us and Charlotte only gave them a moment's thought before she said "Ok, let's GO!".
The first thing Charlotte did when we checked into our cottage was entertain herself while we unloaded the car:
How is it that even two year olds know that there are different rules when you are on vacation? She is NEVER allowed to jump on the bed at home!
After a quick lunch we headed to the butterfly conservatory:
Checking out the butterflies. Notice the stance, she's not too sure about this place.
Me and my Momma
Charlotte flapping her wings like a butterfly
After nap and dinner, we decided to go on a butterfly expedition to find some of our own. Callaway has acres of azaleas and different flowers planted with trails you can walk:
My Mom and Dad brought a net and "house" for Charlotte's butterflies
I think we found something! Oh, it's just a leaf.
Look at her legs crossed like she's a little model.
I think this is one of my favorite pictures.
Notice who's holding the net now!
Charlotte's favorite mode of transportation!

No comments:
Post a Comment