Sunday, September 19, 2010

Our 2nd birthday party

I think it went much better than the first. I literally started cleaning labor day weekend, and just did little sections at a time rather than drive myself crazy trying to get it all done at once. Our theme this year was butterflies because another year has "flown by"! Charlotte loved looking at all the butterflies around the house, and we made butterfly shaped PBJs, celery bugs, and egg roll cocoons. The beautiful cake Bryce's Mom created made everything perfect.


Charlotte cheesing in front of the favor bags I made


Caterpillars for boys and Butterflies for girls


Made with love by Grandma Monica


Strawberry and chocolate with buttercream frosting


with edible butterflies


Giving Grandma Deb some love


Charlotte was such a good gift opener


The trike from Mommy and Daddy was a huge hit!


of course she needs a hello kitty helmet to keep her safe!


she has not stopped riding it....


Happy Birthday dear Charlotte


And of course my little lady had to have a fork!


I love celebrating Charlotte's birthday. She was way more into it this year, and I swear every time we sing her happy birthday it makes me think about that tiny baby laying in my arms and I get all teary eyed. Now that I am a Mom I finally realize that a birthday isn't only about the person who was born, but about the mother too. It is such a deep relationship that you can't separate the two. Her birthday makes me remember just how lucky we are.

No comments:

Post a Comment