Thursday, September 16, 2010

Charlotte so far.....


  • Charlotte will try and sing her ABCs with me. She gets most of them right.
  • She can recognize every letter by sight. She has trouble with O and Q and X and K, but if they have a picture with it then she knows the difference.
  • She can count to 12 by herself in English. Sometimes she can make it to 20 if I help her. She can count to 4 in Spanish.
  • She can memorize a book in a day. I can pick out any of her books and she can fill in the last word or phrase for me. There are some books she "reads" to herself now. Her favorite books are If you give a mouse a cookie, put me in the zoo, and Is your mama a llama. My favorite book for her is "You are my I love you".
  • She goes #1 in the potty at home and #2 in the potty at Mrs. D's. We're working on any potty, anywhere.
  • She can put her shoes and her socks on all by herself, something she is immensely proud of
  • She takes one nap a day. Usually lays down around 1:00 and will sleep for about 2 hours
  • She sleeps completely through the night. She usually sleeps from 8:00 pm to 7:30-8:00 am
  • She loves breakfast food. Eggs, Waffles, Toast, Oatmeal, Cereal....She is finicky about her meat and vegetables, but loves any and all fruit. I recently introduced her to veggie dip, and can get her to eat raw veggies with dip every once in awhile. Things I can get her to eat no matter what: yogurt, hot dogs, grilled cheese, PBJ, goldfish, black beans, and pasta. And of course the love of her life remains: popsicles!
  • Bryce and I tried to count how many words she knows, but there were too many!
  • Charlotte does not like insects. Not even lady bugs. She will tolerate butterflies, but anything else is "EWWWW Gross!"
  • Charlotte is obsessed with Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. It is the first thing we hear when she gets home. And the one thing she whines for more than popsicles. A close second is Handy Manny. Her favorite movie is the Jungle Book.
  • Charlotte loves to dance! We spend the last 15 to 20 minutes every night with music on shaking our booties. She loves pop music: P!nk is always a hit. She can name Jack Johnson when his songs come on, but she really loves beats like Lady Gaga and Beyonce. When we tell her to shake her booty, she shakes her head.
  • She loves to be outside. If she can be outside "helping" she is in paradise. The mosquitos absolutely love her though, so we have to limit outside time. I've yet to find a good repelant that works for her.
  • She also loves to color, paint, and play with play doh. I can usually get at least a good 20 minutes of cleaning done if I set her "art" up.
  • She loves to tell Baxter and Lola what to do, when to come inside, and when to eat.

The year has gone by so fast. It feels good to record these memories because she keeps changing before my eyes!

2 comments:

  1. WOW! She can do more than my almost 5 year old can I think! You have one smart girl on your hands!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's Awesome!!! She is so smart!!!

    ReplyDelete