Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Yellow River Game Ranch

We went to the Yellow River Game Ranch with Dennise (my friend from work) and her children. I have passed by the sign for Yellow River several times but I had no idea what kind of animals were lurking behind that sign. It was the perfect day for spying on some animals not too hot but nice and sunny. Charlotte has been obsessed with animals lately so I knew she would love this place and she did!


From the moment we stepped in she was zeroing in on all the animals she saw and trying to imitate their noises.


At one and a half, Charlotte has pet her very first deer.


You can bring your own fresh produce and the animals eat right out of your hand. Notice Charlotte's mouth is open as she shows the goat what to do!


Charlotte was not scared AT ALL. I was a little nervous until I realized they are so used to people all day every day that they are really gentle.


Charlotte looking like a big girl with Grace (5) and Max (3)


She's meowing to a bob cat!


Charlotte with her shades on checking out a deer. He liked lettuce.


This one got a little too close for me, and I ended up scaring Charlotte!


Quack Quack!


The Cutie Pies


Getting down and dirty to check out the rabbits.


We ended our day with a picnic and one of Charlotte's favorites.....a big slide!

2 comments:

  1. she is so cute. so glad you got a spring break and got to enjoy some time with your kiddo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved looking at these and reliving our fun time! It's so nice to get our babies together finally. We layed some ground work for this summer!!!

    ReplyDelete