We are into repeating everything these days. Repeating the same sounds, repeating the same song, repeating the same action, even repeating the same dance moves. Charlotte will do these things over and over again until you start thinking she's like a broken record. I guess we should be happy she isn't exhibiting too many signs of ADD...she can definitely keep focused on one task for a long time.
We have made the leap from two naps to one. It naturally progressed that way over the Christmas break but we were trying to keep her on two naps so that she won't wake the babies at Mrs. D's house. She got to the point where she wouldn't even pretend to lay down for that first nap though, so now we are making it until lunch before we nap. The first week of extending the sleep time was a little rough (and whiny), but it is actually a nice schedule. We can plan our short outings for before lunch and save our extended plans for when she wakes up.
We also made great progress with our night time routine. I have been the one to put Charlotte to bed since she was born so this one was our toughest one to break yet. The first night Bryce put her to bed she cried so long I broke down and went in there to rock her. I've kept my resolve since that night though and now she only cries when I tell her goodnight. Once she is in her room with Bryce putting PJs on she is fine again. I learned the hard way that I cannot even go in her room on the nights Bryce puts her to bed, I have to say goodnight to her in the bathroom right after her bath. Charlotte always surprises me when we try something new though. She will fuss about it at first but it usually only takes us about a week until she has adapted.
She is a walking, talking, giggling machine and we love every minute!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

We transitioned to one nap about a month ago and it was tough on me. I liked my two breaks a day but your right it's easier to get out and do stuff now.
ReplyDeleteThis is such and fun age. Sounds like things are going great!
ReplyDeleteShe's too cute. Ava went down to one nap a day after Christmas.
ReplyDelete