We took Charlotte to Burt's Pumpkin Farm yesterday to pick out our pumpkin for Halloween. Being out in the beautiful weather, smelling spices in the air, and seeing all the changing colors on the leaves really got me excited for fall! Admittedly, I really do not get into Halloween but I am going to try to make more of an effort for Charlotte's sake.
Charlotte was a little bit scared of all the pumpkins at first....of course, some of them where four times bigger than she is! It was amazing to me watching all the little kids run around to find the "perfect" pumpkin. Eventually Charlotte warmed up to all the activities going on around us and wanted to pat on all the pumpkins. We brought our pumpkins home and much to her delight she can go up and pat on it at any time. No matter how many times I say it is a pumpkin she continues to call it a ball though. We will definitely make this trip a tradition.
We found baby Nathan while we were there!
As soon as we got home I changed Charlotte into some old clothes and we headed outside to carve our pumpkin. It has been years since I actually did this and somehow I remembered it being a whole lot messier than it actually was (even with a baby getting into it). Charlotte helped me scoop all the stuff out and I let her put her hands and feet in it. She thought that was great fun but was so dainty picking it up with her two fingers. Bryce carved it out for us while Charlotte and I washed our hands and feet. Not too bad!

that first picture of her on the pumpkin is priceless. She is adorable.
ReplyDeleteI love your pumpkin pictures! That second one is precious. We're planning on taking Easton soon, too. I can't believe it's almost Halloween!
ReplyDelete