Friday, October 16, 2009

Life after one....


Thirteen months old. It seems Charlotte has progressed in light years in just the past month. The passing of her first birthday truly was a milestone because her mind and her body have been growing non-stop since then. We are completely off of formula. I mixed an ounce of whole milk in at a time until we were down to two ounces of formula. I did the same thing when we went from breastmilk to formula so it just made sense to me to do it again. We are taking our three "bottles" out of a sippy cup now. She can drink with a straw, a lid, or just a cup. I also decided to go with Organic milk, at least for the first year. At this point in time I figure it is better safe than sorry. I didn't nurse her for nine months to mess up on her food source now! We are also completely on table food. She doesn't even get baby cereal anymore, I make her real oatmeal with rolled oats and I mix in yo-baby yogurt. She is going through a no-meat stage right now though, she just picks at it when it is on her plate. I try to make sure to make up for it with plenty of dairy and a vitamin. Her "words" (the ones that I can tell what they are even if no one else can!) are Mama, Dada, Baxter (sounds like Bagder), Lola (or sometimes Nola), Milk, More, Duck, Yellow, ball, NO (of course!) and fish. She is SO close to walking. She is a maniac with a push toy, and she will walk beside me holding one hand but she just won't let go. As soon as I let go she sits down. She will also take steps walking back and forth between Bryce and I and she stood up on her own today. She also HATES wearing her shoes in the car! As soon as we get in, it is shoes and socks off. Bryce doesn't understand why I insist on putting them on anyway but it is proper to leave the house with shoes on so she is going to do it too! Charlotte loves to be my helper. She will help me pick things up off the floor, put laundry in the machine, clean up after bath time. She actually gets really upset if I don't let her help sometimes. She really really loves giving the dogs their treats and putting them away in their crate!

It is amazing how much more she understands about her world now!


1 comment:

  1. so glad she is doing well. It only gets better from here and they also get more demanding and stubborn. I was just thinking thinking last night how I love this stage where he is beginng to make cute sentences and how this phase will only last a short while. I'm trying to soak it up too.

    ReplyDelete