Sunday: Charlotte got her first bath at home! It was a pleasant experience for everyone, she seems to enjoy the water! I absolutely LOVE the smell of a newly bathed baby!
Monday: Charlotte was one week old, and had a weight check at the pediatrician. She was back to birth weight (already!) so she doesn't have to be woken up at night for feedings. She still wakes up on her own every three hours, but it's nicer than waking up to an alarm.
Tuesday: Bryce went back to work and I played Mommy. A routine is still a long way away, but feedings are going well and I got some thank you cards written.
Wednesday: We enjoyed the sunshine and the nice fall weather.
Thursday: My mom came up to help watch Charlotte while I cleaned house and went to the grocery store. Also, Charlotte lost her umbilical cord stump today!
Friday: Mom and I went to the pediatrician for one last weight check (until her one month appt), she is up to 7 pounds 11 ounces now. I think it is safe to say that she is eating well! We also had our first shopping trip and lunch out so that I could buy a shirt for Charlotte's newborn pictures.
Saturday: The photographer who took my maternity pictures came back for a newborn session. She is so easy to work with, and was so gentle and patient with Charlotte. I was worried at first when an hour went by and Charlotte was still fussy, but we eventually got her settled in and got some really good pictures. I can't wait to see them! Charlotte is now sleeping contently, it was hard work being a model for a day! (www.triggottphotography.com)

No comments:
Post a Comment