Monday, September 1, 2008

Is it really September already?

When I think back to the excitement that January brought, and how far away September felt, I cannot believe this month is here. It has definitely been a journey; spiritually, mentally, and physically. While I am incredibly nervous and anxious to see what this whole motherhood thing is really all about, and still not entirely sure I'll be that good at it, I know that I have used the past 37 weeks to really prepare myself. I have always heard "God works in mysterious ways", but it truly is amazing how everything always works itself out in the end. I cannot wait to meet this little girl, to see what (and who!) she looks like, and most of all to see her smile. It is still a little awe inspiring to realize that Bryce and I created this whole new life together, and now we get to finally see it!

Here are some of my thoughts throughout this past nine months:

January: I'm pregnant!! Am I really pregnant?!
February: I'm still pregnant!!! I can't keep it a secret much longer!!
March: Morning sickness sucks, but I'm still pregnant, and it is worth it! Let's tell everyone!
April: I need new clothes! Fast!
May: It's a girl?! Are you sure?! There haven't been any girls born to the Fulcher family in over 7 generations...can you check again?
June: Ok, it's a girl!! I saw it for myself!
July: I love being pregnant, everyone is so nice to you!
August: Must finish nursery! Must pack for the hospital! Must buy baby stuff! Must buy more baby stuff! Must make to do lists!
September: Must sleep! Baby coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment