Sunday, January 22, 2012
Almost there......
I have officially entered the paranoid stage. I am now days away from holding this new little girl in my arms and it is consuming me. Every morning I wake up and think "will I have a baby today?!". I have to do my hair every morning just in case I won't get another shower for awhile, and every meal I eat I think "was that enough to get me through labor?!". I have actually RE-PACKED my hosptial bag and RE-CHECKED my lists because I can't shake the feeling that I'll forget something and every single twinge I feel I start thinking "is this it?! Is labor starting?!". I've had a lot of tightening in my abdomen in the last couple of days and wake up at night with my stomach cramping so I know that progress is being made. It is just a waiting game. The anxiety of not knowing where I'll be, how far away Bryce will be, and getting Charlotte taken care of is the hardest part. Charlotte was a week early, so I was in shock when my labor with her started (didn't she know that first babies are supposed to come after their due date?!) and I keep thinking that this one will be early too. My labor with her went so fast (it's just like your wedding day, it becomes one big blur) that I'm nervous about labor with this one too, even though I've done it before. I might be even more nervous this time because I know how much work is involved! So, lots of prayers. Lots of relaxation techniques. Lots of reading to re-fresh newborn days and breastfeeding. And lots of waiting....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Mothering a newborn is like riding a bike . . . an exhausting, torturous but OH SO adorable bike!!! Can NOT wait, literally ANY day now!! Like YOU don't already know (&feel) that!
ReplyDeleteLove Ya & hang in there!
KK
I'll be praying for you! Maybe you'll have her on Tuesday...that's my birthday! :) Take care of yourself and soak up this time...it definitely won't last!
ReplyDelete