Most asked question of 2011: "How old is she?!" Followed by: "When are you going to have another?!" This little two and a half year old is still the center of our world. Every morning I look forward to going in and waking her up, just so I can hear what she has to say today. She absolutely blows me away with how quick she thinks on her feet, and her vocabulary is unbelievable. In fact, most people don't believe me when I say she's two and a half. We are still working on potty training, and I believe we are almost there. She tells us when she has to poop and as long as we put her on the potty every two hours she stays dry. She wears big girl panties around the house and we still put on pull ups when we go out. Mrs. D celebrated her accomplishments with a pizza party and that seemed to seal the deal, we've had no accidents since then! Charlotte is everything I hoped for and more. She is genuinely a sweet person and really cares about people (and animals!) and their feelings. She cries if I get onto her because she says I scared her into getting her feelings hurt. We are still in a scary stage but she is getting a little better. She loves to give hugs and kisses, even to the dogs. My favorite thing right now is "Hey Moooommmmy. I need to give you something!". And then she runs up and gives me a kiss. Melts my heart every time!
The stats:
Height: Almost 3 feet
Weight: 30 pounds
Words: More than I can count. This girl gets up talking and goes to bed talking. Sometimes I hear her talk in her sleep.
Changes since second birthday: Potty, big girl bed, jumping with two feet, doing flips, drinking out of a cup without a lid (without spilling), putting toothpaste on her toothbrush, brushing her teeth, spitting the water out, turning the TV off, blowing her nose, taking her socks and shoes off, putting her socks on, covering herself up with a blanket, skipping, memorizing lots of songs and singing loudly, carrying her plate from the dinner table to the sink
Favorite books: Fancy Nancy, Wherever You Are, Curious George, Who Stole the Cookie
Favorite shows: Ni Hao Kai Lan, Dora the Explorer, Wonder Pets, Curious George, Clifford, Sesame Street. We have finally moved away from Mickey Mouse Clubhouse all day every day, but it is still a favorite.
Favorite Movies: Little Mermaid, Jungle Book, Horton Hears a Who, Elmo's World
Favorite Songs: I'm a little teapot, twinkle twinkle, Sugarland's Stuck Like Glue, Jack Johnson's You and Your Heart
I can't even remember our life before the girl but I know one thing. She gives our life meaning.

Girl, I feel ya. I a not ready for #2 either. I feel like we hit the jackpot on the first try and I am so satisfied and happy at this point in life. Glad she is doing so well. She is in a scared phase? Ramsey just started a lying phase this past week. Nice! Hope is passes soon.
ReplyDeleteIsn't it crazy how fast they are growing up?? Charlotte is beautiful, Beckie. I'm so happy for all of her accomplishments! Happy 2.5!
ReplyDelete