Sunday, March 20, 2011

Swim class

We enrolled Charlotte in Swim Class for the second year in a row. She made leaps and bounds in progress last year and I wanted to continue her growth (and make sure she wasn't scared of the water again!). Charlotte cried the whole time during our first session last year and this time she cried too.....because we had to leave! She absolutely loved it this year and she was quite the show off. The swim instructor used her as an example for everyone, and I even kept hearing one of the other moms saying "See honey, Charlotte can do it!". I wanted to tell her that Charlotte has done this before but the class isn't really set up for parent conversation. We are really all over the pool this time. We worked on climbing up out of the pool (elbow, elbow, knee, knee) and the safe way to get back into the pool (roll over onto your stomach and slide in holding on to the side). We also worked on paddling our arms and feet at the same time, and floating on our back. Charlotte loved every second and cried the whole way to the car because she wanted to get back in. I am so excited for the summer now, we are going to have a blast!





No comments:

Post a Comment