We started out our weekend by going to Jack Johnson on Friday night. Obviously Bryce and I are big fans as I have quoted his songs many times on here. He hasn't been in Atlanta for years, so as soon as we heard tickets were on sale we jumped at the chance. We definitely should have known better than to try and work all day then go to a concert on a Friday night. Traffic was AWFUL! The pouring rain slowed everyone down to a crawl and it took us forever and ever to get to Lakewood, then even longer to find a place to park. One of the parking lots was flooded, so we ended up parking in the woods. Literally, people were directing traffic off road in the woods. We rushed to the venue with our hearts pounding thinking we must have missed most of the show by the time we got there, but the timing turned out to be perfect. We walked right up to a beer stand, found a nice quiet place to sit (as in, away from all the drunk teenagers who could NOT handle their alcohol!), and not two minutes later Jack came out. We missed all of the opening act, but we didn't even know who they were! We paid for Jack Johnson, and we ended up getting to see all of his show. It was a miracle! Were we soaking wet? Yes. Were we cold and kind of hungry? Yes. Was it an even more endearing show dancing in the rain and huddling up to keep warm? YES! Such a good show.
Saturday we woke up feeling the aches and pains of sitting on the ground in the freezing rain (me with a sore throat and Bryce with a sore back) and got ready to see Bryce's cousin get married. It was a really sweet outdoor ceremony with really beautiful decorations.
Sunday we went to my favorite restaurant-Pappasitos to celebrate my birthday. This is the fist year I actually feel older! I don't know what it is, but I actually feel my age this time around.....

The wagon picture is priceless!!! Great shot! I take it you're still loving the new camera. . . .
ReplyDeleteHappy Fiesta Birthday ~ EVERYDAY is a party when you hit your 30s!!! :o)