Saturday, August 14, 2010

First week back

The first week back has been an interesting one. This is my seventh year teaching (Bryce's eighth!) and it is the first year that I was more anxious about everything I had to get done in only three planning days than about meeting my kids. I feel good about my subject and my ability to handle what the kids throw at me.
The first week back for Charlotte was tough. I got her up every morning and get her dressed with her eyes closed. When we go into the bathroom to brush her teeth and her hair she finally starts to perk up and always has a cute comment about what I'm wearing. (Oh, mommy has pretty earrings!). Then we put her shoes on and I give her a kiss so I can get out the door. That is when the whining usually starts. Some of the toughest words I have ever heard is "No, Mommy no go to work today". I wish baby girl, I wish.
As soon as Bryce has her in the car she is talking non-stop about the school buses, breakfast items, and all the fun she will have at Mrs. D's house. We got her a new pair of tennis shoes and she is in love with them. She talks about them all the time. Every time we go into a store she has to touch all the shoes, she is definitely an accessory girl.
Mrs. D said life has been good during the day. The kids are a little sleepy at first, but eating good, sleeping for their naps good, and happy when they are picked up.
The first week is behind us, only 175 more school days to go!


The obligatory "first day" picture. She's giving me the same look I used to give my Mom!


We always celebrate the first day (or reward ourselves for making it through...) at Brusters.


She kept saying "Strawberry, yum!"

No comments:

Post a Comment