Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Our first ear infection

We woke up Monday morning with a temperature around 100, but a red cheeked and unhappy baby. We had to make the quick decision what to do and I stayed home long enough for Bryce to go in and leave lesson plans then I headed to work. Sick days are precious after I lost so many on maternity leave. Bryce took Charlotte to the Doctor after her nap where we got the confirmation of her first ear infection. I am really grateful that we made it a whole year without one, but now that I've been through it I will have to add to our prayers that we don't get another one for a long time. It is absolutely miserable knowing that your child is sick and in pain and there is little you can do about it. One minute she would be playing and the next she would be crying with her head in her hands. And trying to get a sick baby to eat is the worst! You just want to give the vitamin rich foods to help them get over it and instead you're lucky if they'll drink some pedialyte.

I stayed home on Tuesday to give Charlotte another day to rest. One thing I have already learned is that when Charlotte doesn't feel good she just wants to be held. She seems to be doing ok with the antibiotic-another thing I'm grateful we haven't had to use until now!

No comments:

Post a Comment