Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!



We had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Bryce and I baked all morning....pumpkin break, and cranberry bars, and apple pie and pumpkin pie....oh my, I am so full! We spent Thanksgiving with my family and it was so fun to all sit around the table together and have Charlotte really be a part of it this year. I think she may have been asleep during dinner last year! She LOVED the sweet potatoes and mashed potatoes and absolutely DEVOURED some cranberry sauce. She kept pointing to it for more! She was a little shy since it was a full house, but she did just fine.
Of course, Thanksgiving is a time of giving thanks. Above all else, I am so thankful that we have a normal and healthy child. Charlotte is the light of our lives and the delight in our hearts. I am very thankful that God has kept us safe this year. So many families we know were affected by floods or illness that simply moving through our day to day and knowing that our child is being cared for makes me incredibly grateful.


My very first homemade apple pie


Aunt Jenna and Charlotte being silly


Charlotte's waiting at the table


Charlotte, Grandma Deb, and my Aunt Lisa


I am the most thankful for Charlotte.

No comments:

Post a Comment