Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Updates

Charlotte went to her four year old well visit, and is growing beautifully.  She is 37 pounds now (wow!) and met all her milestones.  She was able to identify all the different shapes, name colors, she uses imaginative play, hop, skips, jumps, sings.....she also passed her vision test.  I really went back and forth in my mind about how much to prep Charlotte for this doctor's visit.  I didn't want her to be afraid, but I also wanted to keep an open line of communication.  In the end, Bryce convinced me NOT to tell her about the shots ahead of time, and I told myself that if she ASKED I wouldn't lie, but that I wasn't going to come right out and tell her.  In the end, she did ask as we were in the car on our way to the doctor's office.  She got so nervous when I told her that Yes, she was getting shots today that she literally was shaking in the waiting room.  Ugh, it just breaks your heart.  She ended up with FIVE! shots that day, and my ears were ringing when we left, but she won't have to go through that again until she is eleven.  Thank Goodness!

Charlotte is doing MUCH better at school.  She doesn't cry in the mornings any more (well, about school any way....) and she's made some friends.  She REALLY loves the crafts:

 Charlotte got to pick out a fish for her birthday as well.  She chose a blue betta that has been dubbed "Razzle" (we started with Blueberry, then went to Raspberry, now we're at Razzle...or Raz for short!)


Charlotte is in LOVE with this fish.  She says good morning to it every day, and I think her very favorite thing to do all day is come home and feed him.


 Raz has actually helped us with some of our morning and bed time woes.  No more crying and screaming when it's time to wake up, Raz doesn't like loud noise :) And at night time Raz is trying to sleep, so Charlotte needs to sleep too.

 Emily is growing, growing, growing.  She is completely sitting up on her own now.  She is scooting backwards when she tries to crawl. She LOVES this jump toy my sweet co-worker let us borrow:


 Emily is going so good with her food as well.  We had one flare up with her skin when she first started baby food, but haven't seen anything else since then.  She loves all her fruits and veggies, still eating rice cereal and oatmeal twice a day, and starting to drink water from a sippy cup.


No comments:

Post a Comment