Monday, October 8, 2012

Charlotte's 4th birthday

Our baby girl is 4.  I literally cannot believe that four years have flown by or how much our lives have changed since that fateful day.  I have a feeling I'll be saying that every year!  Charlotte requested a "mermaid party" and with all the inspiration I needed from pinterest, a mermaid party was under way.  This is the first year that Charlotte's party was on her actual birthday which I thought was going to be a good thing but at the end of the day I was kind of sad.  I felt like I didn't get to spend that good quality time with Charlotte that we usually do when we take the day off work to be with her.  After everyone left for the day though Bryce and I both said it was the best party we've done.  It took us four years to get it right, but everything was so smooth and calm!

My first pinterest idea.  A balloon curtain to surprise Charlotte when she woke up.

Starting the day off right with a mermaid nightgown and some new legos to play with.
She is so stinkin' pretty.  And looking more and more like me, I think.

Friends hanging out, playing with toys.
The "loot".  Treasure chests for the boys and mermaid boxes for the girls.

This mermaid was supposed to go on the door.  Clearly I didn't read the dimensions before I ordered it.....







EVERYONE took a swing at the Pinata.  Literally everyone.  And it still wouldn't open!







Our spread included "Peanut Butter and Jellyfish" sandwiches, "submarine" sandwiches, shrimp, goldfish, and dolphin shaped watermelon.  I found the window decals on clearance at party city and twisted green crepe paper up the walls for seaweed and we were set!

Best money spent ever.  We bought this for Charlotte's birthday last year, and we have gotten so much use out of it!





Kiddos LOVED their "sea foam" AKA cotton candy.


Can you tell how much they loved it?!

Exactly four years ago I held this precious girl for the first time.


Make a wish!



Found these two kiddos hiding under Charlotte's bed eating the pinata candy.



Checking out all Charlotte's new toys.  Best birthday yet!







No comments:

Post a Comment