Monday, August 8, 2011

1st day of school. Again.

This is my eighth time starting a new school year. Ugh. I love teaching once we get into the routine of things, but starting all over again stinks. The beginning of the school year is the hardest time for teachers. There literally is not enough time in the day to accomplish all you want to do.

Charlotte had a hard time with us going back to school this year. She asked several times why we had to go to work, and really only accepted my answer when I told her Mommy and Daddy have to make money so we can afford to buy treats and do fun things together. So now whenever she asks if I have to work tomorrow and I say yes, her response is "Oh, you have to work so we can buy lollipops". Yes, baby, that's right! Mornings were a hard transition during pre-planning (for everyone!) but she is starting to get back into the swing of things.

This is her "first day of school" picture:

When I compare this to her first day picture last year, I realize how grown up she really is. She is just now starting to get the concept of "posing" for a picture and giving me that sweet smile.

We always go to Bruster's on the first day of school too, as a much needed treat for all of us. Charlotte got a "purple dinosaur" cone, and she was in heaven!




1 comment:

  1. What a cute first day picture & I LOVE the purple ice cream!! And I have to say that especially in these pictures she is looking a LOT like you!! Funny how they sort of morph back and forth, but there is definitely a LOT of momma in her in these pics!!

    ReplyDelete