Saturday, July 2, 2011

New and Improved

I have finally accepted that this is NOT the market to sell our house. No matter what everyone else said, I was determined that it was time for us to move on, but when the Realtor told me what we could sell our house for in this market, the light bulb finally flashed on. Rather than mope about something I can't change, I've decided that some new improvements will make do until we can move on.

First up, the living room. Before:




After:


I am really pleased with the purchase of our new and improved entertainment center. It took us a WHOLE day of searching, but it is beautiful. It makes our living room look so much more complete now. And Charlotte LOVES having her own cabinet space!

Next, the kitchen. Before:


Rug that we bought when we bought our house. It has been through two puppies in the chewing stage, one baby, and countless dropped forks. It has served us well.

After:


Pattern rug that totally fits the space better. And lots of scotchguard, of course!

We opted to pick up our furniture to avoid the $200 delivery fee. Bryce had to borrow his Dad's truck, and this is what we ended up with:




Notice the little head peeking over the top of the box. Those things were HUGE!

1 comment:

  1. Ohhh SO Beautiful!! I LOVE the new living room/entertainment center. I bet it totally pulls that whole space together! And Love the new rug!! We NEED them, but I'm waiting till the boys hit college before replacing ours! Ha ha

    ReplyDelete