Thursday, June 23, 2011

Gymboree

We are back at Gymboree. We did classes here when Charlotte was still crawling, and I knew I wanted to give her some type of opportunity for socialization over the summer. I went back and forth about what type of class to do, but ultimately decided that we have YEARS ahead of us for lessons like dance so why not just do some good old fashioned play? I think it was a good idea, Charlotte has made leaps and bounds from her first class. She swears she remembers being there "when I was a baby" but she stayed stuck to my side during the first class. By class two I was the one hurrying to catch up to her. I also think Gymboree was a good idea because they have story time and puppet time mixed into their activities and working on listening "to the teacher" has been great for her. Here are some picks from class #2:


Look how far back she is standing compared to the other kids. This was the beginning of the class.


Starting to branch out a little. She's pretending to drive a bus.


I had to use my zoom lense to get this one. She kept taking off!


Climbing up the ladder.


Finally feeling comfortable enough to be in the mix of things.


When it was time for parachute time, she wouldn't even sit with me! She sat opposite of me and clapped and sang all by herself!

2 comments:

  1. Aww...this brings back memories of when our little ones were in there together! They grow up so fast!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for branching out Charlotte!! I have fond memories of parachute time!! Great shots!

    ReplyDelete