Oh my, where has the time gone? I absolutely positively cannot believe my baby girl is already a year and half old. She is literally changing and growing before my eyes. Some mornings she wakes up and I swear she looks different, like she grew up some more during the night. Her face is what strikes me the most. Even looking at her face from our Christmas pictures it is already different from how she looks now. I swear she gets more and more beautiful every day too. Every where we go I still hear "she looks just like her daddy", but I see more and more of myself in her as she gets older too. She has definitely taken on my facial expressions.
Since our last check in on developmental milestones it seems like she is a whole new kid. The word toddler does not begin to describe everything a one and a half year old can get in to. I actually think we have it pretty good though. Charlotte is a great listener and even though she doesn't like to hear "no" she will stop what she is doing. She is not destructive at all, just curious. She has lots and lots of new words, most notably please, help, up, baby (every child is a baby to her), apple, purple, uh-oh, and my favorite-I love you. I'm pretty sure I've seen her roll her eyes at me I ask her to say I love you so many times! I cannot get enough!
Charlotte loves to be outside. Much to our surprise she can throw and kick the ball pretty well. She has started eating with a fork and wants to have her hands wiped right away if she gets anything on them (this coming from the kid who used to use her hand like a shovel in her food and work it in all over her face). She is working on eating with a spoon but does better at stabbing things with a fork. She loves Elmo. She loves his songs, his laughs, if Elmo is around she is a happy girl. Charlotte also loves to color. Not so much with finger paint, but give her a crayon or some markers and she will go to town on the paper. We also have our nightly dance sessions where Charlotte breaks out her moves, usually bending her knees and moving her booty back and forth. She has started singing now too, much to our delight! We end every night with our prayers and she has started reciting her prayers after Bryce or I....so sweet!
We simply love every day with Charlotte. She makes me laugh all day at her silly antics and her sweet personality. She puts me in such a good mood when I come home which is wonderful after dealing with testy teenagers all day. She has the warmest heart and the brightest smile, she is a year and a half full of wonderful!
Picking flowers in the grass
Look, more flowers Mommy!
I love to be outside!
Reading in my chair....what a way to end the day!

she is growing beautifully. And looks like she and Ava both are starting to get some hair on top. I'm glad she's enjoying swim lessons more. You know, Ava did hers in the middle of the summer when it was super hot in an outdoor pool at the YMCA. That may have had some effect on the reason she loved it so much. Because I took her to indoor pool on post the other day and she hated it. And this girl has never cried about water. So it's either that or just her age now.
ReplyDelete