Sunday, August 17, 2008

Baxter and his leg....




The cast and bandages are gone for good I hope. I took Baxter to the vet on Friday and I could tell the vet was very concerned about my pregnant emotions because she kept trying to prep me for what I would see once everything came off. She came out once to ask if it was ok if she shaved Baxter's arm (so she could treat his sores) and then she came out again to reassure me he was not in any pain and that with antibiotics his arm would be fine. I think she was afraid I would start crying once I saw him, because he did look pitiful! His leg has been covered since May, so it is incredibly skinny now and covered with open sores. He doesn't seem to mind it though, he has been so happy to have his leg free again! And I am so happy he didn't need surgery! The pictures don't really convey how bad it looks in person, but you get the idea...

No comments:

Post a Comment