Tuesday, July 1, 2008

What we do for our pets!





So, I first need to update the blogger world with some background information. In May, during the last week of school, I was outside playing frisbee with Baxter. Just like we do (did) every day. On this particular day, Baxter jumped up in the air to make his catch, and landed wrong. No hole in the ground, no user error, just landed wrong. He fell down to the ground, making this awful crying sound, and would not get back up. Bryce and I immediately rushed him to the vet, fearing the worst. At first, we were just told it was a sprain. In picture number one, you see a nice ace bandage to help with swelling, and two weeks later we went back to have it taken off. When the bandage came off, we went a few days but Baxter refused to use the leg...so back to the vet we went. After very expensive X-rays, we were told that Baxter had indeed dislocated two of the bones in his "wrist" and they would need correcting. In picture number two, you will see Baxter with a blue cast that was put on after he was sedated and the bones were "popped" back into place. This cast was supposed to stay on for six weeks. This morning, Bryce and I woke up to Baxter's blue cast laying next to him on his bed. He did not chew it off, or tear it off, the cast just refused to stick to his arm. So, off to the vet again. Now we come to picture number three, green cast! I am hoping green is our good luck charm, because we need it!
Please say a prayer for Baxter and our family. When his new green cast comes off (professionally this time) in two weeks, we are schedule for more x-rays to make sure the bones have set in the correct place. If they have not, our only other option is surgery, which would make me very, very sad!

I added a picture of Lola too, being silly in the baby's room...she feels left out sometimes!

No comments:

Post a Comment