Thursday, July 31, 2008

Caution: Nursery in Progress!








I have to give all the credit to Bryce for this one. We already had judges paneling up in the baby's room, and we gave a lot of thought as to how we would paint the remaining wall space to bring together the nursery. I carelessly suggested stripes to match the inside of the bumper pad, and away we went with Bryce's imagination. Had I known how much work it would take to see stripes up on the wall, I probably would have kept my mouth shut. The walls look absolutely beautiful now though, and Bryce even says it was worth all the work!

Again, please keep in mind that the only way I helped in this creation was to assist in wall color choices. Bryce took care of: 1. Drawing out the pattern for the stripes to follow on paper 2. Using paint to create the stripes on the computer and mathematically match their width. 3. Measuring the perimeter of the room 4. Solving for X to determine how wide each stripe has to be, where the starting and ending point are, and how many "patterns" to repeat in order to cover all wall space equally. 5. Measuring out each stripe in each color on the wall. 6. Taping off the wall to paint the stripes 7. Painting the base color 8. Painting each stripe by sponge (some stripes are smaller than a paintbrush width) 9. Waiting patiently for the paint to dry until his creation was complete!

I did my best to take pictures of each step so you can see what a masterpiece this truly is.

No comments:

Post a Comment