Monday, December 31, 2012

10 months old



This gorgeous girl is 10 months old now.  I remember having the same revelation with Charlotte....that she has officially been on the outside of my body for longer than I carried her on the inside.  I have no doubt in God's divine plan though, there is absolutely positively a bond that attaches to your heart when you give birth to your child and no matter where they are or how far they go you can literally feel it squeeze inside you. Emily is amazing.   She is so curious and very good at figuring things out.  She is really interacting with the world around her now.  She is saying "Mama" and added "Lola" at the end of this month.  She loves it when I open the back door to call Lola inside and crawls over yelling "Lola, Lola!".  She is waving hello and bye bye.  She is smacking her lips and blowing kisses.  She will pucker up for a kiss now too.  She plays patty cake by herself and loves to clap for anything and everything.  I just ate a bite of my food and you said good job?  YAY, CLAP CLAP CLAP.  You just changed my diaper?  YAY, CLAP CLAP CLAP.  She loves her Momma.  She will literally follow me EVERY WHERE no matter what hurdle or obstacle is in her way.  She has done circles around our house to hunt me down and then proceeds to crawl up my leg until I hold her.  She is standing on her own for a few seconds now and will walk as long as she has a hand to hold on to.  She is pretty good at entertaining herself as well, as long as there is another person in sight.  She is still nursing 4-5 times a day but has pretty much transitioned to solid foods.  By the end of month 10 she is eating a majority of what we eat for lunch and dinner.  She is so happy.  She makes us so happy.  All of us, because her happiness and laughter is so contagious.  Even when we are out to eat or at a store people will stop us wherever we are to talk to her and walk away with the biggest smile on their face because of her.  Happy 10 months Emily!!

No comments:

Post a Comment